To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the public worship of God, and to *edify believers in the Christian faith through the preaching and teaching of the Gospel, according to the Word of God the Bible.
- To administer Biblical ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- To fellowship with the people of God.
- To build, operate and maintain religious ministries, including, but not limited to, the following: churches, parsonages, bus ministries, preschools, schools, Bible institutes and colleges, tape ministries, music ministries, print ministries, radio programming and stations, television programming and stations, rescue missions, Bible camps, retirement centers, and to ordain and license men into the Gospel ministry.
- To establish, operate, and maintain any other religious ministry into which God may lead this church, for the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to aid in the equipping of Christians to propagate the Gospel message.
1. The Word of God
We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration, absolute and final authority, of the Scriptures in all matters of faith and practice, as found in the Word of God the Bible.
2. The Trinity
We believe in the Tri-unity of the Godhead: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God the Father: We believe in God the Father, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient; the Creator, the supreme ruler of heaven and earth.
- Jesus Christ, the Son: We believe in the absolute Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; in His virgin birth; His perfect humanity; His vicarious death through the shedding of His blood for the remission of sins; His bodily resurrection and ascension; His present high priestly ministry; and in the *mminence of His literal and pre-millennial return.
- The Holy Spirit: We believe in the personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit who dwells within every believer.
We believe in the personality and reality of Satan and his demons.
4. The Fall of Man
We believe in the fall of man through the sin of Adam, and in the subsequent necessity of the new birth through Jesus Christ.
We believe that salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in virtue of His redemptive work on the cross, and that neither baptism, the Lord’s Supper, nor any other rite, ceremony, nor work, can avail one whit for the sinner’s salvation. Christ alone saves.
6. The Church
We believe that a New Testament Church is an organized assembly of born-again, baptized believers, observing the scriptural ordinances and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission. We believe that the local church has the absolute right of self government, free from interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations, and that the only scriptural offices are those of pastors and deacons. We believe that the church and the government are separate as to function, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other.
- We believe that baptism is the immersion of the believer in water, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper was established as a means of showing forth, in symbol, Christ’s death for us until He comes again, and that the Lord’s Table should be open to all regenerated persons living in fellowship with, and obedience to, Jesus Christ.
8. Marriage and Family
- We believe marriage was ordained by God as one male and one female becoming one flesh. We believe it was God’s design that a man and woman enter into the marriage union for life. (Genesis 2:18-25; Matthew 19:3-9; Romans 7:2; Ephesians 5:22-32).
- We believe God has provided for intimate and sexual relations between man and woman within the covenant of marriage; sexual relationships outside the bonds of marriage, including homosexuality, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, adultery, fornication, pedophilia, among others alluded to in God’s Word, are a sin. We believe acts that defile God’s human creation, such as gender modification, through medical procedures or by appearance, and participation in the sexual degradation of others through pornography, are attacks against the family unit, are against the will of God, and are sins. (Genesis 2:24; 19:5, 13; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:1-18-32; I Corinthians 6:6-10; 7:3-5: Hebrews 13:4; Ephesians 5:3-5; I Thessalonians 4:8).
- We believe in the sanctity of human life. We believe human life begins at conception, and from conception through the elderly adult years life should be respected as a creation of God. We believe abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, suicide, assisted suicide, and other similar actions are acts of murder, and therefore against the will of God. (Genesis 1:27; Exodus 20:13; Leviticus 19:32; Job 12:12; Psalms 139:113-114; Isaiah 44:2, 24; Jeremiah 1:5; Romans 9:20-22; I Timothy 5:1-2).
- We believe children are a blessing from God and are to be taught spiritual and moral values by their parents, who are to rear them with loving discipline, following the example and instruction of our Lord. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Psalms 78:4-7; 127:3; Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4).
The government of the Church shall be vested in the body which composes its membership. The officer of this church shall be its Pastor, unless the position of pastor is vacant, then the governing body shall be the associate pastor, or pastoral committee voted upon by the active body of membership. The head Deacon, plus one other deacon, shall be part of that committee.